About the Book: General Science Guide for Competitive Exams-CSAT/ NDA/ CDS/ Railways/ SSC/ UPSC/ State PSC/ Defence
General Science Guide for Competitive Exams-NDA/ CDS/ Railways/ SSC/ UPSC/ Defence is a unique book which has been designed as per the trend of questions asked in previous years question papers of various competitive exams (SSC, CDS, Railways, NDA etc). In nutshell the book consists of complete theory of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Science and Technology with MCQ Exercise including past questions of various exams.
• Concepts in this book have been simplified in a way so that a non- science student can also understand the concepts easily.
• Keeping general competitions in mind some topics related with general knowledge about science have also been included e.g. chemistry in the modern world, chemistry and the environment, modern physics, biotechnology etc.
• The book also covers Science and technology in the development of India and its future prospects in the field of research. The part deals with Energy, Nuclear Technology, Information Technology, Space research, Communication and Defence.
• In the text some interesting facts, Science in action and important formulae are highlighted.
• The book is empowered with a variety of questions (Simple MCQs, Statement Based MCQs, Match the column MCQs, Assertion-Reason MCQs) and thus more than 4000 questions are included in the book. Solutions are also provided in the book.
• Past MCQs of last ten year questions of various competitive exams have also been included in the book.
3. Force and Laws Of Motion
4. Work, Energy and Power
5. Centre Of Mass And Rotation Motion
6. Force Of Gravity
7. Solids And Fluids
8. Waves And Sound
9. Heat And Thermodynamics
10. Electricity And Magnetism
12. Modern Physics
13. Sources Of Energy
14. Our Universe
1. Chemistry and its importance
2. Matter and its composition
3. Element, Mixture and compounds
4. Atoms and Molecules
5. Atom structure and Nuclear chemistry
6. Classification of elements
7. Chemical Bonding and Reactions
8. The chemistry of acids, bases and salts
9. Properties, Extraction and uses of metals
11. Introduction to organic chemistry
12. Chemistry in everyday life
13. Chemistry and the environment
1. Biological classification
2. Cell: fundamental unit of life
3. Cell cycle and cell division
4. Tissue system
5. Nutrition in plants and animals
6. Morphology of plants and its physiology
7. Reproduction in plants and animals
8. Physiology in humans
9. Health and disease
12. Biotechnology principle and its applications
13. Ecology and Biodiversity
14. Environmental issues
15. Food production
Science and Technology
1. Computers and IT