In its 3rd edition, authors Robert Kaplan and Anthony Atkinson provide
leading-edge treatment of innovative manage-ment accounting issues used by major
companies throughout the world. The book will appeal to all those who want a
systematic management-oriented approach to advance management topics related to
management accounting. Each chapter in the text is accompanied by cases to
illustrate the concepts discussed.
Table of Contents
1. Understanding Cost Behavior.
2. Short-term Budgeting, Resource Allocations, and Capacity Cost.
3. Assigning Resource Costs to Production Cost Centers.
4. Activity-Based Cost Systems.
5. Activity-Based Management.
6. Cost Based Decision Making.
8. The Balanced Scorecard: Measuring Total Business